I need this done by October 11, 2020 at 1 pm eastern standard time!!!
Read Poe’s “The Raven” and answer the reading questions
1. What is the difference between a “Raven” and a “blackbird”? Compare Poe’s raven to Wallace Stevens or Wanda Coleman’s blackbird.
2. What details of the setting seem supernatural and what are they supposed to represent? What is mean by the “gentle rapping at my chamber door”? What chamber? Who is rapping?
3. Who is Lenore? What kind of name is Lenore? What does the name evoke in terms of symbolism, sound, and allusions?
4. Who or what is a muse? How helpful is the raven as a muse and why does the poet need one? Why ? Compare the raven as a muse for Poe to the blackbird as a muse for Wallace Stevens or Wanda Coleman.
5. Is the raven real or just a dream? What does Poe’s poem show about the power of dreams and the unconscious in our lives?
6. What are some of the sounds in the poem? Compare the beating of the raven’s wings to the narrator’s beating heart. What do you think the raven’s voice sounds like when it says “Nevermore”? Does it sound human? Why?
7. Explain why the narrator of the poem says: “Surely there is something at my window lattice; let me see then what thereat is, and this mystery explore—Let my heart be still moment and this mystery explore”? What does the window symbolize or represent? Why is the poet allowing the raven in ?What is the mystery? Why does the poet have to be silent?
8. Why does the raven sit on a bust of Pallas? What is the mythological connection to Athena? Why does Poe choose Pallas (Athena) and not some other mythic figure for the artistic foundation upon which the raven sits? Compare Lenore (as muse) and Pallas.
9. Is the Raven’s name Nevermore? What does it’s inability to say anything else suggest? How is the word “nevermore” connected to negative capability and the Romantics?
10. What are some examples of onomatopoeia in the poem? What is the function of onomatopoeia?
11. What can we infer from the end of the poem?
For all composition and literature papers, follow MLA style and formatting rules:
· 1.25″ margins on left and right, 1″ margins on the top and bottom (Word default)
· 12 point type in Times New Roman Font
· Double spaced with MLA citations (with Works Cited)
· Name, Class, Section, and Date go on the first page in the upper left-hand corner of the first page
· Titles should be centered and in bold
· Page numbers should be on the top right side with your last name.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.