The goal of this paper is to gain experience using concepts from the course to analyze the
behavior of some formal group of which you have been a member (e.g., a church group, sports team, college Society).
In your paper, first identify the group and describe the history of your involvement in the group. Then analyze the group in terms of Kanter’s six commitment mechanisms. For each commitment mechanism, describe the mechanism and give examples of behaviors that would fit that mechanism. Then indicate which of those behaviors are and which behaviors are not used by the group that you are analyzing. Those in the pair will also describe how the group relates to concepts from the BSAD 330 class.
Your analysis should be typed double-spaced.
Criteria for grading include the adequacy of (1) the history of your involvement in the group or your methods of researching the group, (2) the description of Kanter’s commitment mechanisms, (3) the discussion how the group fits each mechanism, (4) the relevance of concepts from BSAD 330 for those in the pair, and (5) writing technique.
Psychology tends to focus on individuals, while sociology focuses on groups. Social Psychology represents the overlap between psychology and sociology, focusing on individuals in groups. Since we often interact with other people, this course is relevant to our interactions and relationships with others in all aspects of our lives. A mindset of purpose is important for staying motivated.
In this course you will gain conceptual tools for analyzing your interactions and relationships, which will increase your understanding of yourself and others. My hope is that this understanding will make your interactions and relationships more meaningful in your life. A mindset of growth is important for staying motivated and engaged in the class.
DEPARTMENT LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
1. Knowledge Base of Psychology: Familiarity with the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, interdisciplinary connections, and historical roots of psychology.
2. Research Methods and Resources of Psychology: Understand and apply basic research methods in psychology, including research design, handling subjects, data analysis and interpretation, as well as use the library, computers, and online resources.
3. Critical Thinking and Communication Skills: Develop and use critical and creative thinking skills, including skeptical inquiry, critical reading skills, analysis, synthesis, problem solving, professional writing, oral communication, listening, and collaboration skills.
4. Application of Psychology: Understand and apply psychology to diverse individuals and groups, and social, cultural, and organizational issues.
5. Clarification of Values, Personal Development, and Career Planning: Clarification of values, including tolerating ambiguity and acting ethically, showing insight into one’s own behavior and mental processes and applying effective strategies for self management and self improvement, and to develop realistic ideas about how to use psychological knowledge, skills, and values in various occupations, and in graduate and professional school.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.