1. According to which school of thought is law the command of a sovereign?
Positive-law school of legal thought
Natural-law school of legal thought
Legal realist school of thought
Critical legal studies school of thought
Ecofeminist school of legal thought
2. According to the legal realist school of thought, _____.
precedent was more important than moral arguments
law is politics and is thus not neutral
wives, children, land, and animals are valued as economic resources
the social context of law was more important
there is preeminence of man and his dominance of both nature and women
3. The historical school of law _____.
believed that precedent would be more important than moral arguments
stated that the social context of law was more important
stressed the need for certain laws and doctrines to be altered in order to remain current
emphasized the longstanding domination of men over both women and the rest of the world
influenced the emergence of critical legal studies
4. A code-law system _____.
is used to resolve particular cases, usually by judges and a jury
is unique to England, the United States, and former colonies of the British Empire
recognizes the use of precedents in judicial cases
is similar to the communist and socialist legal systems
is one where all the legal rules are in one comprehensive legislative enactment
5. The _____ would use the law to overturn the hierarchical structures of domination in the modern society.
historical school of law
critical legal studies school of thought
ecofeminist school of legal thought
legal realist school
natural law school of thought
6. State and local courts must honor both federal law and the laws of the other states. Which of the following is true?
State courts must honor federal law all the time.
Claims arising under federal statutes cannot be tried in the state courts.
A contract dispute resolved by an Arkansas court can be relitigated in North Dakota when the plaintiff wants to collect on the Arkansas judgment in North Dakota.
State courts do not have to consider the laws of other states in deciding cases involving issues when drivers from two different states collide in a third state.
Under the full faith and credit clause, each state court is obligated to respect the final judgments of courts in other states.
7. Which of the following about the federal court system is true?
The federal judicial system consists of four levels.
The federal district courts are the trial courts in the federal system.
The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York has 54 district judges.
The U.S. District Court in Manhattan has 15 magistrates.
The district judges throughout the United States can preside over criminal cases only.
8. Identify the correct statement about the Federal-State balance.
Socialism was the system devised by the nation’s founders, in which power is shared between states and the federal government.
Article III makes clear that federal courts are courts of unlimited power or jurisdiction.
The only kinds of cases federal courts are authorized to deal with have strong federal connections.
Federal courts have full jurisdiction over matters that are historically exclusively within the domain of state law.
Citizens can go to a federal building or courthouse to get a marriage license, ask for a divorce, or probate a will.
9. Which of the following principles implies that the same parties can not take up the same dispute in another court at another time?
Subject matter jurisdiction
10. Which of the following is true about alternative methods of resolving disputes?
Adjudication gives the neutral party no power to impose a decision.
Mediation is a type of adjudication.
In case of mediation, the parties to the case cannot ignore the recommendations of the mediator entirely.
Saying that arbitration is favored means that if you have agreed to arbitration, you cannot go to court if the other party wants you to arbitrate.
Litigation is preferred over arbitration, because arbitration has a backlog of cases.
11. Based on the supremacy clause, the _____ holds that state and federal laws that conflict must yield to the superior law, which is federal law.
separation of powers
doctrine of preemption
substantive due process
dormant commerce clause
12. Article I of the Constitution deals with _____.
the executive branch
13. The _____ clause of the Fifth Amendment ensures that the government does not take private property without just compensation.
14. When Congress uses its power under the commerce clause, it can expressly state that it wishes to have _____.
a dormant commerce clause
exclusive regulatory authority
absolute police power
15. The power of small states is magnified by the Senate’s _____, which currently requires 60 out of 100 senators to vote to bring a bill to the floor for an up-or-down vote.
16. Which of the following is an ideal condition for a free market?
There are no parties, institutions, or governmental units regulating the quantity of the goods being bought or sold in the market
There are many buyers and many sellers, and all of them have a substantial share of the market
All the buyers and sellers in the market are free to leave the market but there are entry barriers.
All buyers have full knowledge of what other buyers and sellers are up to including quantity of goods sold, but not the prices and quality of goods being sold.
The participants in the market have strong preferences as to which seller or buyer they would deal with
17. The _____ establishes an agency’s authority in a particular area of the economy.
Code of Federal Regulations
18. The _____ governs all agency procedures in both hearings and rulemaking.
Code of Federal Regulations
Administrative Procedure Act
19. According to the Freedom of Information Act, _____.
any person has a legally enforceable right to access to geological information concerning wells
a federal agency is required to respond to a document request within 10 days
requesters are not required to pay the cost of locating and copying the records
all the documents are available for public inspection
there are a total of five exceptions to the Act
20. An individual or a company may challenge agency action where such action is _____:
in accordance with the agency’s scope of authority
in accordance with the U.S. Constitution or the Administrative Procedure Act
unwarranted by the facts
in accordance with the substantial evidence test
nonarbitrary, rational, or otherwise in accord with the law
21. What are the multilateral treaties sponsored by an international agency known as?
22. In a contract, national or international, the parties may specify the court where any disputes between the parties will be settled. This specification is known as the _____.
runaway shop clause
hot cargo clause
ultra vires clause
23. The _____ doctrine comes into play when courts in two different nation states both have subject matter and personal jurisdiction over the matter.
res judicata suite
forum non conveniens
droit de suite
24. The _____ is a tax imposed on goods when they enter a country.
25. The Supreme Court has enunciated a doctrine governing claims to recover for acts of expropriation. The doctrine is known as the doctrine of _____.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.