· Due: Sat. Sep.
· Format: Typed, double-spaced, submitted as a word-processing document.
12 point, text-weight font, 1-inch margins.
· Length: 850 – 1000 words (approx. 3-4 pages)
· Overview: In Unit 1 and Unit 2, we focused on ways that writers build ideas from personal memories and experiences into interesting narratives that convey significance and meaning to new audiences. In Unit 3, we have been discussing how writers invent ideas by interacting with other communities through firsthand observation and description. These relationships and discoveries can give writers insight into larger concepts or ideas that are valuable to specific communities. For this writing project, you will use firsthand observations and discoveries to write about people and the issues that are important to them. Your evidence will come from the details you observe as you investigate other people, places, and events.
Write an ethnography essay focused on a particular group of people and the routines or practices that best reveal their unique significance as a group.
An ethnography is a written description of a particular cultural group or community. For the ethnography essay, you can follow the guidelines in the CEL, p. 110-112. Your ethnography should:
· Begin with your observations of a particular group. Plan to observe this group 2-3 times, so that you can get a better sense of their routines, habits, and practices.
o Note: if you cannot travel to observe a group or community, plan to observe that community digitally through website documents, social media, and/or emails exchanged with group members.
· Convey insight into the characteristics that give the group unique significance.
· Provide context and background, including location, values, beliefs, histories, rituals, dialogue, and any other details that help convey the group’s significance.
· Follow a deliberate organizational pattern that focuses on one or more insights about the group while also providing details and information about the group’s culture and routine
As you look back over your observations and notes, remember that your essay should do more than simply relate details without any larger significance. Ethnographies also draw out the unique, interesting, and special qualities of a group or culture that help readers connect to their values or motivations. Note: Please keep in mind that writing in this class is public, and anything you write about may be shared with other students and instructors. Please only write about details that you are comfortable making public within our classroom community.
In order to finish this project, we will work on the following parts together over the next few weeks:
Draft: Include at least one pre-revised draft of your essay. The draft needs to meet the word count of 850 words and must also apply formatting requirements for the project—in other words it must be complete. Make sure that your draft is clearly marked “draft.”
Along with your draft, post a short, 100-200 word paragraph explaining your greatest challenges and most urgent needs as a writer. What parts of your essay are you most eager to have feedback about?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.