This week, you will write a comprehensive APA analysis paper using all the knowledge you have gained in Criminal Procedure: Adjudication (CCJ3950). Use what you have learned from the READ and ATTEND sections throughout the entire course (including Unit 5). If you need support on how to formulate your APA Analysis paper, you may refer to your APA Template under the Resource tab or contact the CPS Librarians. Please refer to your grading rubric for guidance, as well. Upon completion you will click on the Dropbox tab to submit your paper for grading.
Be sure to back up your statements and opinions for the below prompts with at least three (3) scholarly sources. Use proper source crediting and DO NOT self-plagiarize from the previous week’s assignments.
- Compare and contrast likely cause and reasonable suspicion. What are some arguments for and against the exclusionary rule?
- Summarize the rules concerning a “stop-frisk.” Explain the practice and guidelines of conducting a protective sweep.
- Which constitutional provisions apply to confessions and interrogations and which is the most important to you and why?
- Explain how the Sixth Amendment right to counsel and the 14th Amendment right to due process applies in the identification context.
- Compare and contrast the role of the grand jury with that of the traditional trial (small) jury.
- Explain when the right to a speedy trial, the right to a public trial, and the right to a jury trial applies. In your opinion, which of these trial rights is most important and why?
- As law enforcement or other criminal justice professional, how could you apply what you learned in this course of Criminal Procedure: Adjudication?