1. There are 100 dog kennels in Atlanta. An economist studying the pricing behavior of dog kennels tells you that she is limiting her analysis to a time period that does not allow for any new dog kennels to enter the industry or for any established dog kennels to leave the industry. The time period this economist referred to is the (Points : 1)
A market period.
B industry run.
C long run.
D short run.
2. If Microsoft is earning a rate of return greater than the return necessary for the business to continue operations in the long run, then (Points : 1)
A total costs exceed total revenue.
B total costs exceed a normal rate of return.
C the normal rate of return is zero.
D the firm is earning an economic profit.
3. As long as price is sufficient to cover ________, the firm is better off by operating rather than by shutting down. (Points : 1)
A marginal cost
B average fixed cost
C average variable cost
D marginal revenue
4. If revenues exceed ________, operating profit is ________. (Points : 1)
A total cost; negative
B fixed cost; positive
C variable cost; negative
D variable cost; positive
5. Economic costs (Points : 1)
A include both a normal rate of return on investment and the opportunity cost of each factor of production.
B are equal to the direct costs of hiring all factors of production.
C are the opportunity cost of each factor of production minus any interest charges paid on borrowed funds.
D are equal to total revenue minus accounting profit.
6. Total variable costs (Points : 1)
A initially increase as output increases and then decrease.
B always decrease with output.
C always increase with output.
D initially decrease and then increase with output.
7. Average fixed costs (Points : 1)
A are the costs associated with producing an additional unit of output.
B provide a per unit measure of costs.
C fall as output rises.
D reach their minimum at the output level where the average fixed cost curve is intersected by the marginal cost curve.
8. The explanation for why marginal cost is positive and rising in the short run is ________ marginal product of labor in the production process. (Points : 1)
A a zero
B a constant
C an increasing
D a diminishing
9. When a large amount of output is produced per unit of the input, the input is said to exhibit (Points : 1)
A high productivity.
B low productivity.
C marginal productivity.
D derived productivity.
10. When Burger Barn hires one worker, 20 customers can be served in an hour. When Burger Barn hires two workers, 50 customers can be served in an hour. The marginal product of the second worker is ________ customers served per hour. (Points : 1)
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.