1. The account “Cash” had the following changes: increase of $250, decrease of $75, increase of $113, and decrease of $35. The final balance is a
A. debit balance of $253.
B. credit balance of $253.
C. credit balance of $110.
D. debit balance of $363.
2. During a recent week, incurred wages were $700. However, $280 of the wages hadn’t been paid. The adjusting entry for wages would be
A. debit wages payable, 420; credit wages expense, $420.
B. debit wages payable, $280; credit wages expense, $280.
C. debit wages expense, $280; credit wages payable, $280.
D. debit wages expense, $420; credit wages payable, $420.
3. Items such as wages and interest that have been incurred, but not yet paid, are called accrued
4. A T-account has a $509 debit balance. This account is most likely not
B. common stock.
C. advertising expense.
5. A cash payment was made to pay for delivery expenses but was mistakenly charged to advertising
expenses. Which effect will this have on the balance of the trial balance?
A. The trial balance will still balance.
B. Advertising expense will be correct.
C. Cash will be correct.
D. Delivery expense will be understated.
6. Which business form is similar to a corporation in regard to owner liability?
B. Limited liability company
C. Limited liability corporation
D. Sole proprietorship
7. The income statement is used to report
A. the financial position on a specific date.
B. results of operations for a specific period.
C. results of operations for a specific date.
D. the financial position for a specific period.
8. Office equipment was purchased for $2,400 on account to Business Furniture Company. The journal entry would include a
A. debit to Accounts Payable and a credit to Cash.
B. debit to Office Equipment and a credit to Accounts Payable.
C. debit to Office Equipment and a credit to Cash.
D. credit to Cash and a debit to Office Equipment Expense.
9. A T-account has which major parts?
A. A debit side, a credit side, and a total column
B. A title, a debit side, and a credit side
C. A title, a current date, and a balance
D. A debit side, a credit side, and a balance
10. The balance sheet is used to report
A. the financial position for a specific period.
B. the financial position on a specific date.
C. results of operations for a specific date.
D. results of operations for a specific period.
11. The adjusted trial balance for supplies was $333. The unadjusted trial balance for supplies was $509. The amount of supplies expense would be a
A. $509 debit.
B. $176 credit.
C. $333 debit.
D. $176 debit.
12. The matching principle in accounting requires the matching of revenue earned with the
A. assets used to produce the revenue.
B. liabilities used to produce the revenue.
C. expenses incurred to produce the revenue.
D. assets used less the liabilities incurred.
13. The unadjusted trial balance for prepaid rent shows a $12,000 balance. At the end of the year, $7,000 of the rent had been used. The adjusted trial balance for prepaid rent is a
A. $5,000 credit.
B. $7,000 credit.
C. $5,000 debit.
D. $7,000 debit.
14. Rick lists his building at current replacement value, rather than the price he paid for the building. Which principle is Rick violating?
C. Going concern
15. Which concept would not be considered if you were to compare the price of a Camaro in 1979 with the price of a Camaro in 2009?
A. Reliability of the price in 1979
B. Objectivity of the price in 1979
C. Market price in 1979
D. Current cost in 2009
16. Expenses paid in advance, such as rent and insurance, are classified as prepaid expenses. Into which category are they placed?
17. The account “Notes payable” had the following changes: increase of $500, increase of $200, decrease of $550, and increase of $250. The final balance is a
A. debit balance of $400.
B. debit balance of $950.
C. credit balance of $550.
D. credit balance of $400.
18. The total revenues of $6,500, total expenses of $3,500, and dividends of $500 were recorded in the
closing entries. The net change in retained earnings for the month was
19. A 20-month insurance policy was purchased for $1,500 on May 1. How much insurance will be
expensed on December 31?
20. The unadjusted trial balance for depreciation expense shows a $780 balance. The expense was adjusted by $235. The adjusted trial balance figure for depreciation expense is now a
A. $545 debit.
B. $1,015 debit.
C. $545 credit.
D. $1,015 credit.
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.